Thursday, May 5, 2011

Summer Skin!

Personally, I'm a huge fan of Body Dew when it comes to having 'summer skin'.  However, even people blessed with great skin often need an exfoliate.  I started making my own about 6 months ago, and wouldn't go back to store-bought if you paid me.  First, it's cheap. Second, the ingredients are much more body-friendly. Third, I usually have the ingredients on hand in the kitchen, so I rarely run out!

Here's my personal recipe:

  • 1 Cup Brown Sugar
  • 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
  • 1 tsp Vitamin E 
  • 1/2-1 tsp Vanilla Extract 
  • 1/2 tsp Almond Oil
The end result smells a good bit like vanilla vodka, in my opinion, but it's not overwhelmingly strong.   You can experiment with different oils and scents like peppermint oil or you can leave ingredients out if you prefer - so long as you have an oil and a scrub, you're good.  You can also use sea salt or regular sugar instead of brown sugar if you prefer. Other oils ideas are jojoba, avocado, grapeseed, untoasted sesame, sweet almond oil, sunflower oil, etc. Just play around with it and have fun!

Just a warning: Don't use salt scrub after shaving. It burns! :)
 

No comments: